Venice in the Moonlight
Published on… 2 October 2013
Published as… Historical Romance
Elizabeth McKenna’s Boom Baby Blast
1. One Random Fact: I fell in love with my husband in high school, though we didn’t date until we were in our mid-twenties.
2. Fictional Character You’d Really Like to Be: Nancy Drew. She had great clothes, drove a convertible, and solved mysteries. What more could you want?
3. Your Authorial Theme Song: Since I write romance, I’m going to go with Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”.
4. Favorite Part of Being a Writer: I love meeting new people through my social media sites. For shy people like me, the internet is wonderful.
5. Name of Your First Pet (Can include family or significant others…): Maggie was the name of the black lab my husband and I bought the month we were married. She died six years ago and I can still cry about it. She was the sweetest dog.
6. Music, Television or Silence While Writing: Silence is the best when I’m writing fiction. In my day job as a technical writer, I often listen to classical music (I find myself too distracted if I listen to other genres).
7. Early Riser or Night Owl: I’m an early riser. My day starts at 4:30 am and ends around 9 pm. I actually don’t like this schedule. I would prefer to sleep until 7 or 8 am – maybe when I retire!!
8. Favorite Season: I live in Wisconsin and get all four seasons, but Fall is definitely my favorite.
9. Did You Always Want to be a Writer: Yes. I was a Journalism major in college, though I didn’t start writing fiction until I was around 40 years old.
About the Book
Considered useless by his cold-hearted father, Nico Foscari, eldest son of one of the founding families in Venice, hides his pain behind gambling, drinking and womanizing.
After her husband’s untimely demise, Marietta Gatti returns to her hometown of Venice in hopes of starting a new life and finding the happiness that was missing in her forced marriage.
When Fate throws them together, friendship begins to grow into love until Marietta learns a Foscari family secret that may have cost her father his life. Now, she must choose between vengeance, forgiveness, and love.
Elizabeth McKenna’s latest novel takes you back to eighteenth century Carnival, where lovers meet discreetly, and masks make everyone equal.
About the Author
Elizabeth McKenna works as a full-time technical writer/editor for a large software company. Though her love of books reaches back to her childhood, she had never read romance novels until one Christmas when her sister gave her the latest bestseller by Nora Roberts. She was hooked from page one (actually, she admits it was the first love scene). She had always wanted to write fiction, so she combined her love of history, romance and a happy ending to write her debut novel Cera’s Place. Her short story, The Gypsy Casts a Spell, is available for free on her website http://elizabethmckenna.com/. She hopes you will enjoy her latest novel, Venice in the Moonlight, as much as others have enjoyed her previous works.
Elizabeth lives in Wisconsin with her understanding husband, two beautiful daughters, and a sassy Labrador. When she isn’t writing, working, or being a mom, she’s sleeping.
~* Website *~