Payback is Sweet
Published as… Romance
Kristy Centeno’s Boom Baby Blast
1. One Random Fact: During my junior year in high school, my family and I moved to a new town, where I eventually found out the Spanish teacher in my new high school was related to me.
2. Fictional Character You’d Really Like to Be: I know this may sound somewhat cliché and all, but there are times I’d love to be Flash just so that I could get all my chores done for the day a lot quicker and have enough time left at the end of the day to write more than a few pages.
3. Your Authorial Theme Song: I don’t have a specific theme song.
4. Favorite Part of Being a Writer: Brainstorming through a book, writing, plotting, coming up with all kinds of possible scenarios that will be both fun and creative.
5. Name of Your First Pet (Can include family or significant others…): My first pet was a puppy we called Benji—after the dog in the movie with the same name, of course. He was a tiny fluff of white hair, big eyes, and short legs.
6. Music, Television or Silence While Writing: Music. I always listen to music while I write. If I’m in the midst of a romance scene I’ll listen to romantic songs. If I’m in a middle of a fight scene I’ll usually end up listening to some rock and roll.
That’s right. I’m into a little of everything.
7. Early Riser or Night Owl: Definitely a night owl. I’m not a morning person at all. I’m usually grumpy in the mornings.
8. Favorite Season: Winter.
9. Did You Always Want to be a Writer: Yes and no. I always knew I wanted to write, but it has never occurred to me to do it full time or make a career out of it. As much as I love writing, career wise I’m thinking of an entirely different direction.
However, it has never been my plan to stop writing. I vouch to always find time for it. Even if it is an hour a day.
About the Book
Janessa Rowe is a twenty one year old college girl with little respect for other people. She’s a rich, spoiled brat of a girl who gets her kicks out of humiliating others. When she discovers that her boyfriend of three years has in fact engaged in a physical relationship with someone else, Janessa will stop at nothing to get a little payback. Even if that means using her new rival’s disgruntled fiancée to get what she wants.
Dakota Blackwater is everything Janessa is not. He’s kind, sweet, gentle, and a stand-up guy all in all, but when his girlfriend’s betrayal hurts more than his pride, he agrees to take part in a plan that will test both their self-restraints and their feelings for one another.
Problems arise, however, when Janessa’s interest for Dakota shifts from being a pawn to achieve her ultimate goal, to potential lover. After having her heart broken in the past, the last thing she wants is to get involved in matters of the heart, but how can she follow through with her plan when the more time she spends with Dakota, the less she cares about getting payback? Sooner rather than later they are forced to confront the reality that their game has slowly transformed into something else and that what seemed like a scheme to exact revenge, now comprises both their hearts in ways neither of them anticipated.
About the Author
Kristy Centeno is an author of paranormal romance, young adult, new adult, horror, and contemporary romance.
She has always had a passion for books and after years of being an avid reader, she decided to transform her desire to write into a reality and thus, her first novel was born. In her journey to create memorable reads, she has delved into several genres, creating fictional characters meant to entice readers and captivate the mind.
She is currently working on finishing off the Keeper Witches series among other projects, which include sequels to her published work. When she’s not busy taking care of her five children or holding down the fort, she finds time to sit and do what she loves the most: writing.