The Dead Room
Published as… Post-Apocalyptic
Stephanie Erickson’s Boom Baby Blast
1. One Random Fact: I love McDonalds. Like, love it. I could eat there not daily, but pretty regularly if I had the option, and I didn’t care if I was 600lbs.
2. Fictional Character You’d Really Like to Be: Hermione Granger. Even in her lowest of lows, she attacks her life with grace and dignity.
3. Your Authorial Theme Song: Shake it Off, Taylor Swift. Bad review? Shake it off! Writer’s block? Shake it off! Character that won’t cooperate? Shake it off!
4. Favorite Part of Being a Writer: Writing! I love creating worlds and characters and seeing how they work through their problems. I even love typing. The sound of the keys makes me happy. #weirdo
5. Name of Your First Pet (Can include family or significant others…): Christy was my first. She was a cocker spaniel who died when I was 4. Because I was so little, most of my memories are of her being right in my face. I always thought cockers were giant dogs because of that. When I saw one as an adult, I asked my mom if Christy was a giant breed or something. After she stopped laughing, she explained that I was just little.
6. Music, Television or Silence While Writing: Silence
7. Early Riser or Night Owl: I’m really neither of these. I need sleep, lol. If I can I go to bed early and get up around 8:30.
8. Favorite Season: Fall and Spring. I love having the windows open!
9. Did You Always Want to be a Writer: Yes. Since I read Matilda in third grade. I wanted to be able to make readers laugh out loud, and have real emotional responses to my writing the way Roald Dahl did for me.
Thank you so much for having me on your blog! It’s been so fun! :)
About the Book
322 years after the apocalypse, the world has changed, but her people have not. Secrets, lies, and manipulations endure among a small group of survivors taking refuge on an island in the Northern Pacific.
No one knows what claimed so many lives over three centuries ago, and no one asks, except Ashley Wortham. She can feel the secrets all around her, begging to be uncovered.
But the nine elders who govern the island guard their secrets jealously. They believe the islanders know what they need to, and they hide their secrets behind a ruse of peace. But when Ashley, and her best friend Mason, go down the rabbit hole, no one is prepared for truths they uncover. What will they do when they discover the downfall of humanity lies within their own island, deep inside the dead room?
Buy the Book at Amazon
About the Author
Stephanie Erickson has always had a passion for the written word. She pursued her love of literature at Flagler College, in St. Augustine, FL, where she graduated with a BA in English. She has received several honors in her writing career, including recognition in the 72nd Annual Writer’s Digest Competition.
After graduation, she married and followed her husband in pursuit of his dream. The Cure and The Blackout were written to reignite Stephanie’s passion, when she found the time. Now that he is settled in his career, it’s her turn to devote more time and energy into writing.
Stephanie currently has 4 projects planned for 2015. Her latest release, The Dead Room, is a post apocalyptic set on a lonely island 300 years in the future.
Stephanie, of course, loves to read and write. She also enjoys living on the beach on the Florida’s Treasure Coast. Most of all, she and her husband are in love with their baby girl.