A Love Beyond Time
Published on… May 16, 2014
Published as… Romance
Dante Craddock’s Boom Baby Blast
1. One Random Fact: I am in fact a guy. I know it’s not quite that common for men to write as men when writing romance. Ok, so that’s not a real random fact about me. Here’s a real random fact about me. My absolute favorite anime is Gurren Lagann.
2. Fictional Character You’d Really Like to Be: Merlin Athrawes from David Weber’s Safehold series. It’s a little weird that I’d want to be that character though. He is a PICA (Personality Integrated Cyber Avatar), essentially an android with the mind of a real human being downloaded into it. The weird part is that the mind downloaded into the PICA is a woman named Nimue Albane. The story is set in a male dominated society that is far different from her own. She is forced to adapt by reconfiguring the PICA into a man. What makes this character cool is the whole concept of downloading your mind into an android that is virtually indistinguishable from the real you, but has super strength and agility. His weapons of choice are pretty cool as well. He uses a Katana and Daisho as well as ever evolving hand guns. The only part about his character that has a little to be desired is his crushing responsibility.
3. Your Authorial Theme Song: Endless Love by Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross
4. Favorite Part of Being a Writer: Exploring the worlds that come out of my head. Even I don’t know where I’m going to go next.
5. Name of Your First Pet (Can include family or significant others…): Never had a pet.
6. Music, Television or Silence While Writing: I listen to music, but nothing with lyrics. When I’m in the zone I don’t want to be distracted by someone singing.
7. Early Riser or Night Owl: Night Owl.
8. Favorite Season: Winter. I don’t like the heat and I’m an allergy sufferer. My alergies don’t bother me quite as much in the winter. If it gets too cold for me I can always throw on another layer. In the summers heat there is only so much you can take off before it becomes a crime.
9. Did You Always Want to be a Writer: No, I didn’t. One day an idea for a book just popped into my head. I soon found I couldn’t get it out of my head unless I put it down on paper. Once I started getting that idea down on paper others followed. I literally have file folders on my computer full of ideas for books that I will eventually come back to and see if they warrant becoming a novel or series.
About the Book
True Love Makes Anything Possible. It is the most powerful of all emotions, through its power even time can be transcended. Ashley Brannock has always thought she was just an ordinary woman, like so many others. She has a loving boyfriend. A great job. She has everything she could have ever wanted. But she has always felt that something was missing. She’s never quite been able to pin down what it is. All she knows is that it’s been there her whole life. Then the dream begins, throwing her life into total chaos. She must now find the answers to the dream. Why her? What is it showing her? The answers will open a whole new view of the world to her. This new view will reveal to her that love can go beyond time. When two people fall in love they create a magic that is all their own. This magic has incredible power.
About the Author
Dante Craddock is a pen name. I have chosen to use a pen name because I plan on eventually writing in multiple genres. Why Dante Craddock you may ask. That name appealed to me. In the name lies a secret. It is for you the reader to discover this secret. If you can discover this secret a prize will be waiting for you. E-mail me with your answer. Under the name Dante Craddock I write Contemporary Romance with a paranormal twist. These stories center around the magic that is love. A magic that flows between two people in love. For when two people fall in love they create a magic that is all their own. Magic that has the power to do incredible, unexplainable things. In the Power of Love Quartet I explore this magic. The first of the Quartet is A Love Beyond Time.
I have been writing for over a decade now, but have not finished any of the ideas that I have until recently. Why a contemporary romance with a paranormal twist you may ask? I started working on A Love Beyond Time as a simple love story, but it eventually evolved into its present form as the first book in the Power of Love Quartet. Along the way it changed from the simple love story it had began as to its present form. Looking back at it I have realized that it was always heading in that direction.
I am an organic writer. I get ideas from the world around me. From everything I read, see or hear. The ideas seem to pop out of nowhere at times. Others are triggered by some event. An example of this happening would be the idea for my first novel, A Love Beyond Time. Some years ago I saw the music video for the song Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss. A question popped into my head. What if they were given a second chance? From that question came the origins of what became A Love Beyond Time.
I am currently working on A Memory of Love, the sequel to A Love Beyond Time.