“Shrink Rapt” by Freda Hansburg
Published on… 12 September 2014
Published as… Psychological Thriller
Freda Hansburg’s Boom Baby Blast
1.One Random Fact: When I was in fifth grade In New York, all students were required to submit entries in the city-wide Fire Prevention Essay contest. I managed to win honorable mention and was awarded a medal at City Hall by then mayor Robert Wagner. I guess you could call this official kick-off of my writing career.
2. Fictional Character You’d Really Like to Be: This is a tricky question. Wouldn’t anyone want to be a character whose story ends happily? Lady Chatterley, or the good version of Sarah Woodruff’s ending in French Lieutenant’s Woman? They found love (or at least, great sex) along with integrity and fulfillment. Yet I confess my hankering is to be Scarlett O’Hara. She’s selfish, vain, doesn’t have an easy time of it, nor end up particularly happy. But I admire her feisty determination, resourcefulness and refusal to be a victim. Fiddle dee dee!
3. Your Authorial Theme Song: Glad you asked! It has to be the Beatles’ Paperback Writer. It’s a great parody of a desperate novelist’s pitch letter. It plays in my head whenever I send out a query. Or get back a rejection.
4. Favorite Part of Being a Writer: I’ll admit I lap up people’s admiring reactions when they learn I’ve written and published a novel. It’s heady stuff. But what I love most is getting lost in the flow of the writing process itself – the moment when I look up from the chapter I’ve been working on and have to ask myself what day it is. That sense of being fully in the zone is the best reward.
5. Name of Your First Pet (Can include family or significant others…): First dog was a beagle named Happy. First cat was Poos. That I chose to name my publishing entity Poos Press tells you where my loyalties lie.
6. Music, Television or Silence While Writing: Silence. I’m listening to enough in my head.
7. Early Riser or Night Owl: I’ve always been a lark. I never in my life pulled an all-nighter to finish a paper or cram for an exam. I generally am up at 7 AM, work out, take care of a few chores and do my writing in the late morning and early afternoon.
8. Favorite Season: I used to be a Fall person because of the glorious foliage, but eventually I figured out it invariably led to Winter. These days I go for Spring. It’s like a miracle when nature is reborn each year.
9. Did You Always Want to be a Writer: Yes (see #1, above). I was an English Lit major, active in writing and editing for campus and community newspapers. I briefly attended Columbia J School, until I decided that journalism entailed too much running around. I also worked in publishing, writing jacket copy, press releases, sales scripts, ads, etc. I’ve co-authored two self-help books and some scholarly articles. My dream was always to write and publish a novel – because novels are what I love to read. It took me a long time to do it, but I’m very, very happy that I persisted!
About the Book
Psychologist April Simon finds her career and life on the line after the murder of her arrogant department chairman. When four of her patients, all subjects in the late psychiatrist’s research, begin to violently unravel, April tries to solve the riddle of their transformation. Her quest alarms the killer. Will she be next? The more she learns about her colleagues, the less trusts them. Who do you turn to when no one is what they seem?
Buy the Book at Amazon
About the Author
Freda Hansburg is a psychologist who lives with her husband in New Jersey. She is the co-author of the self-help books PeopleSmart and Working PeopleSmart. Shrink Rapt is her first novel.
~* Website * Facebook * Twitter *~
Enter the Giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway